[Updated 2/16/24] Mandatory employee benefits in the Dominican Republic include occupational risk insurance, PTO, and pension. Common supplementary employee benefits include medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, and coverage for funeral services.
Carlos Castillo Paganella
Employers must provide the following benefits to their employees:
- Occupational risk insurance – covers any bodily injury or serious condition suffered during the time and in the workplace.
- Vacations/PTO – employers have the obligation to grant every worker an annual vacation period, with pay, of 14 working days.
- Pension contributory regime – includes public and private salaried workers and employers, financed by workers and employers.
Generally, benefits offered to employees by their employers include the following:
- Health insurance (which employees most value)
- Dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Last expenses to cover funeral services incurred due to the insured person’s death.
- Common perks in the Dominican Republic include the following:
- Transportation allowance
- Free transportation
- Travel insurance
- Housing for expatriates
FARO provided this information about employee benefits in the Dominican Republic. If you need support with your employee benefits in the country, contact Asinta, and we will put you in touch with the experts at FARO Insurance Brokers.