Philip has 31 years of life, medical insurance, and employee benefits experience. He joined Howden Insurance Brokers Philippines as Deputy CEO and Head of Employee Benefits in April 2023 and also assumed the role of Practice Leader for Howden Employee Benefits Asia. His experience extends to the life, non-life, and HMO industries. With extensive experience in group insurance, agency development, training, and sales development in both life and HMO markets, he’s worked with the top life and HMO companies in the Philippines, both local and multinational. Philip is the former Vice President for Sales for PhilCare, the HMO arm of the American International Group (AIG) and United Health Care (UHC). He founded iSolve Employee Benefits Consultants in 2006 and served as its President and Managing Director until the company’s acquisition by JLT in 2015.
Philip Lloyd T. Samson
Total Clients Represented: 800+
Total Employees Represented: 300,000
Howden Philippines has 48 years of operation in the Philippines and was originally incorporated as part of the Zuellig Group of Companies in 1975 as Zuellig Insurance Brokers. The company was acquired by Howden Broking Group Limited in 2011. Today Howden Philippines manages 800+ corporate accounts with more than 300,000 members and is still growing.
We take a long-term view of benefits management to help our clients balance using benefits as a retention tool and managing escalating costs. We do this by:
- Performing financial risk reviews through actuarial validation and analysis
- Aligning benefit plans with client business strategy and policies.
- Developing and delivering end-to-end benefit management solutions.
- Using best-in-class technology for benchmarking, utilization analysis, and membership monitoring.
- Maintaining a continuous feedback and assessment system using pre-defined Service Level Agreements and service metrics.
The key advantages and differentiators we offer our clients include the following:
- Minimizing their risk exposure by leveraging our in-house actuarial skills and proprietary technology. We dive deeply into the financial and clinical risk exposure of companies we serve.
- Optimizing employees’ coverage and developing employee-focused, attractive, and sustainable plans.
- Maximizing our client’s efficiency with our metrics-driven total account management approach.
- Offering a client-servicing model with six integrated components to create an effective risk partnership. These include managing risk, continuous benefits review, claims excellence, efficiency in administration, proper communication, and people satisfaction.
- Bringing our vast knowledge and experience to the table, adapting it to each client’s unique needs. Given the diversified portfolio, Howden Philippines have an extensive proven track record and wealth of experience with the major firms in related industries and other industries in the Philippines.
- Wide variety of industry expertise including, but not limited to BPOs, MNCs, Consumer Groups, Education, Power, Energy, Manufacturing, Logistics, Banking & Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, NGOs (Non-Government Organizations), International Organizations, Real Estate, administrative, professional & technical services in the market managing their employee benefits program and the rest are multiple companies and other industries.
Philip Lloyd T. Samson
5th Floor, 111 Paseo de Roxas Bldg., Paseo de Roxas Ave.
Makati City 1226