According to the Anadolu Agency, “Health professionals are having to make complex and very difficult decisions in the context of disaster medicine and establish priority criteria,” the Order of Physicians, the regulatory body for Portuguese doctors, said Monday. “[Doctors] are unable to save all lives.”
Portugal went into a lockdown Friday, and tighter measures will take effect at midnight Tuesday, forbidding travel between districts during the weekend, banning sales at stores, and deploying police outside schools to prevent students from forming groups.
COVID-19 vaccine considerations for Portugal
- Can employers mandate the vaccine?
- Who will control delivery of the vaccine?
Public health service
- Who covers the cost of the vaccine?
- Where will people get vaccinated?
Government designated vaccination locations
- Is there cultural resistance to getting the vaccine?
- COVID-19: https://covid19.min-saude.pt/
- Vaccination: https://www.sns24.gov.pt/tema/doencas-infecciosas/covid-19/vacina-covid-19/ and https://covid19.min-saude.pt/vacinacao/
This information is provided by VISAVIS, Asinta's partner in Portugal.
Employee Benefits in Portugal
Get insights on mandatory and common supplementary employee benefits in Portugal.
Top 6 Vaccine Considerations
Use our decision matrix to help support your employees.
Page last modified: January 28, 2021
The information presented on this site is current as of the date initially posted; and, because matters related to COVID-19, the vaccine, and compliance measures are changing so quickly, it may not be current as of the date you read it. While the information gathered here is from Asinta global partners who are subject matter experts in their respective fields, this information is not meant to be a substitute for individual legal or medical advice, or as a substitute for advice in your specific situation.