This Asinta market guide is an easy way to begin benchmarking employee benefits in Kazakhstan for 2021. The report is prepared by Asinta’s employee benefits consulting Partner in Kazakhstan, MAI CEE, and gives you the fundamental information you need to know about offering employee benefits in the country. The material is easy to understand and is designed to help you move forward confidently with your decisions about the benefits you want to offer employees in Kazakhstan.
Inside the report, you’ll find details about benchmarking employee benefits in Kazakhstan for 2021 including:
- Statutory Benefits
- Insured Benefits
- Fringe Benefits and Perks
- Plan Setup
The following is an excerpt.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance/Employers Liability
All employees are covered for accidents at work through coverage with an insurance company. There is no waiting period.
This is a monthly insurance payment, due to the employee as compensation of damage, related to loss of earnings (income) by the employee in connection with the degree of loss of occupational capacity from 30% to 100% inclusively shall be carried out by the insurer.
The amount of average monthly earnings (income), considered for calculation of lost earnings (income), subjected to compensation shall not exceed ten-fold the amount of minimum earnings, established on the relevant financial year by the republican budget law, on the date of conclusion of the agreement of compulsory insurance of an employee from accidents.
The amount of insurance payment shall be carried out less of the social payment in the case of loss of capacity from the State fund of social insurance.
The total amount of insurance payments on the compensation of additional expenses caused by injury to health shall not exceed the following amounts (in the monthly calculation indices, established on the relevant financial year by the republican budget law):
1) Upon establishment of the degree of loss of occupational capacity from 30%–59% inclusively – 500
2) Upon establishment of the degree of loss of occupational capacity from 60%–89% inclusively – 750
3) Upon establishment of the degree of loss of occupational capacity from 90%–100% inclusively – 1000
Other helpful information
- Ministry of Health and Social Development
- Unified Accumulative Pension Fund (administers the mandatory individual account program)
- MAI CEE Website
- Business Etiquette in Kazakhstan