As of March 9, 2020, Colombia has three confirmed cases of COVID-19. According to Correcol, global workforce managers should also know that:
- As of yet there are no travel restrictions.
- Those coming from China within the last 14 days are medically examined at their point of entry.
- Colombia tests for COVID-19 at the Colombian National Institute of Health.
- Any employees having flu-like symptoms are to work from home if possible.
- Private health insurance covers COVID-19 care.
- If COVID-19 is officially declared a pandemic, private insurance does not cover treatment, but the state healthcare system will treat and pay for the care instead.
Other helpful resources
This coronavirus update for employers in the Colombia is one of a series dedicated to helping global workforce managers navigate the evolving challenges brought on by COVID-19. Expect regular articles such as this from the Asinta Partnership as the global impact of the coronavirus unfolds.