Russia has six reported cases of COVID-10 as of March 3, 2020. MAI CEE also wants employers to know that:
- Body temperature screening is in effect for international passengers arriving at all airports. (Random checks are happening at Moscow’s airport for example.)
- Travelers from China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, France, Germany, and Spain who are not showing symptoms must self-quarantine.
- It is mandatory that people diagnosed with COVID-19 are quarantined with care at a state health institution under the state health insurance program.
Health and travel insurance
- Russia listed COVID-19 as a dangerous disease. This means that COVID-19 must be treated at the state health institutions under the state health insurance program.
- Some local carriers have clauses (under the health insurance policies) that exclude dangerous diseases.
- Some travel insurance carriers do not cover epidemic or quarantined
Advice to employers
- Currently in Moscow, travelers from China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, France, Germany, Spain can file or submit their official sick leave paperwork directly at the airport, or by calling +7(495)870-45-09.
- A courier will deliver the sick leave policy.
- Sick leave policies are issued even if the person is symptom-free.
This coronavirus update for employers in Russia is one of a series dedicated to helping global workforce managers navigate the evolving challenges brought on by COVID-19. Expect regular articles such as this from the Asinta Partnership as the global impact of the coronavirus unfolds.